Home Energy Audit Services Kansas City, MO
What is a home performance assessment?
An energy assessment is a diagnostic analysis on your home and its energy efficiency. This process consists of a series of tests that will help us to identify the most inefficient areas in your home.
The energy audit will also distinguish how much money you are losing and how new, energy-efficient products will save your budget. Here are some more facts about Climate Control’s home performance assessments:
- Each one of our audits includes a blower door test that depressurizes the air within your home and allows us to determine problematic air infiltration problem spots.
- We also use an infrared camera that allows us to see through the walls within your home and determine where you may be missing insulation and have excessive air-loss.
- The results of the tests are then logged into a home energy analysis software program, which provides a detailed report on where and why your house is losing energy.
- Our energy consultant then develops a solutions package that is customized for your specific home.
What is an energy audit?
An energy audit (also referred to as a home energy assessment) will show what parts of your house use the most energy and suggest the best ways to cut energy costs.
Our team comprises certified energy specialists who will use an energy audit to examine your home top to bottom, inside and out. We perform diagnostic tests to pinpoint specific areas where your home is losing energy, or where unhealthy air may be entering.
We will then offer a detailed home energy analysis to pinpoint exactly where you are using, losing, or wasting the most energy.
How does an energy audit save me money?
Your home energy audit can save you money by:
- Determining high concentrations of home energy leakages. These solutions can be solved as easily/cheaply as purchasing caulk and a caulk gun.
- Identifying areas of the home where air and drafts are entering.
- Identifying energy wasting HVAC systems that are not properly sized for the home.
- Prioritizing home energy projects. We will let you know which projects should be done first in order to obtain the highest return on investment.
There are many cost-effective product and service solutions available to you on any budget. As specialists in the industry, we can guide you toward the products that fit both your budget and home needs with an energy audit.